Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Calvin Jay Hardy: Full-time Disciplinarian



In case you weren't lucky enough to receive these accounts firsthand, here is a quick recap of last weeks events:

Calvin began my punishment by dumping half a bag of saltines all over the living room and dining room floor followed by stepping on all of them. Then, with the greatest of ease he opened Ali's dresser drawer with the expertly installed (NOT expertly designed) child-proof locks and scatttered all of her clothes. Next he pulled out all the wipes individually and threw them around the house. But before he deemed the task done he managed to rip a few up into smaller, less-manageable pieces. Then after either Jordan or myself (Jordan) carelessly didn't lock the pantry back up, Calvin found a Sam's Club bag worth of paper cups that apparently he just couldn't bear to leave in the bag. Not knowing what to expect next but becoming accustomed to his merciless way of life, I walked into my bedroom to find him standing there, loose powder in hand, shaking it out onto the floor. -Calvin was considerate enough to span this out over a week's time to further the chastisement and help me better understand the lesson at hand, so thanks Boy. As for me, lesson learned: Don't have premarital sex.

8 comments:

kathy said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the ones who come through post-marital sex aren't any better.

Amanda said...

But look at his cute little face....I can't believe he could accomplish all of that! My child pulled out all of the wipes and proceeded to rip them into little pieces as well. Did Calvin teach her that?

Anita said...

Ever heard of the saying, "I hope you have one just like you!"? Well, Jordan, this one's for you!

Alyssa said...

Oh shoot Vic! It sounds like a rough week. Definate need of propel and Jerky.

Charlotte said...

Ha. Double ha. I'd say I feel sorry for you, but I'm livin' the same dream come true. Only instead of saltines, we had wheat thins everywhere. :0)

The Jensen Family said...

Isn't this such a fun age! :) Fun to find your blog. Ours is sajensen.blogspot.com.
Shaun & Amanda

The Jensens said...

You just need to have 3 more boys like we do and see how much fun you have. If you want to check out our blog you can at cameronfrancenefamily.blogspot.com

Francene

Cassidy said...

hello victoria,
how are you? i got your blog from kirst. your kids are so cute. Calvin is adorable. And your little girl is gorgeous. She looks just like you. Looks like you are doing well. keep in touch.