Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sometimes he's cute

This little post is only here to precede the what some might call "negative" one I just wrote. Calvin has been doing and saying some funny things lately, so I just thought I’d share…

A couple of weeks ago the home teachers stopped by. Calvin opened the door, told them to “Come in!”, shook their hands, and then asked them if they wanted to watch Indiana Jones with us! After they left he shook their hands again, shut the door, then said to me “They were nice guys!”

We were at ShopKo and this old man wearing a hat came up to Calvin and waved and said hi to him. Calvin just stared at him and never said anything but he had a look on his face that I’ve never seen him make before. When the guy walked away Calvin turned to me with his eyes lit up and said “Indiana Jones!”

Calvin now sings the Alphabet Song: A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-Hardy-L-M-N-O-P….Now I know my A-B-C-D-E-F-Gs, Next time won’t you sing with me!

I bought a little votive candle centerpiece thing, and when I put the red candles in it Calvin said, “It’s so pretty! Like Jell-o!”

Other than that, Calvin continues the daily routine of curiosity and cruelty.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad youre back! Calvin sounds like a handfull, but a very cute one at that. I can't believe how old he is now. Time goes by fast.

jhjonze said...

Does Calvin like Indiana Jones?

Alyssa said...

Oh Vic. He sounds like a bundle of energy. At least he entertains Ali while you nap. Let me know when you wanna go to Sabor.

LuCinda said...

What do you mean, sometimes he's cute? He's a cutie all the time!

Josie said...

Gee wiz- sounds like you need to blog more often! We really need to get together again- but it might have to wait until after the holidays! Hope your Christmas is great!