Sunday, February 8, 2009

2009

I must say I'm quite pleased to see 2008 done, over-with, and gone. I wouldn't really say I'm a pessimist, but I can think of nothing good that happened all year aside from Ali being born (healthy & beautiful might I add). Oh, and I haven't been laid off from job! That's a big one. Nonetheless, the previous "gaping wound of a year" has left me with Eiffel Tower-high hopes for this one. And, other than one aspect of my life, so far it's looking good.


I started my year off by going to lunch with my friend Celeste. She left me for the sunnier skies of Phoenix in July which has really taken a toll on my sanity. So it was refreshing to spend an afternoon with the only one (correct me if I'm wrong) who doesn't judge me for my anal retentive tendencies and completely understands my motives. I heart her.


Calvin turned 3. He almost vomited at his own party after taking a bite out of his candle

but that was the highlight of my night! Gifts of mention: the Indiana Jones Potato Head-love it! And the SmartCycle- minus the fact that he pedals backwards. But for now it serves as a good jumping off point to play Buzz Lightyear!

I went to the spa for the first time and got a wonderful facial and my eyebrow waxed. To spare any confusion that wasn't a typo, however I do have 2 separate brows now which I think is a good look for everyone! I've made the decision to be a monthly spa go-er of facials and massages. After all, taking care of 3 kids is hard work!


A couple of Saturdays ago my parents took us down to the Energy Solutions Arena for Playhouse Disney LIVE! I'm having issues getting my pictures to upload but I'm pretty sure Calvin didn't blink once, it was so funny! For being right at his nap time he did pretty well and seemed to have fun. I won't mention the small tantrum he threw that caused him to lose his shoe. Or the part at Intermission when he wanted to go home and we had to bribe him with ice cream to stay.


We can't forget the Ali Update. As of Christmas she pulls herself up and zooms all along the furniture, occassionally gets good enough balance to stand by herself for up to 10 seconds, got a haircut to even out the extreme Victoria Beckham A-line she was sporting, has a tooth, and also got her eyebrow waxed for the first time. Okay, the last one is a lie, but I'm seriously considering it as long as the general public doesn't find this to be borderline child abuse.

Hopefully the new year will allow more blogging time so I don't have to play catch-up!

6 comments:

Josie said...

Im glad you are posting again! Ali doesnt need her eyebrows done yet- wait until she is Misty's age and they start making fun of her for her unibrow and then you have to chase her with the tweezers..... ok, you are right, maybe it is never too early to start.... jk! Thanks for coming to the party! It was fun! See you guys Friday!!

Amanda said...

Glad to hear an update on the fam. Those pictures that Adri took are adorable!! You have beautiful kids. Can't believe Calvin is 3 and Ali is coming up on 1.

Kirsten Cooley said...

What is the deal with our eyebrow?

LuCinda said...

Okay Victoria, first this friend of yours isn't the only one who understands those anal retentive tendencies, I to have been known to have a few of those myself. In fact I think everyone in our family has them.
Second, the spa day, I totally get. You work hard in and outside your home you deserve a little time to yourself and a lot of attention just for you.
Third, I started plucking Kirsten's at about 12, Courte's about 9 and Spenser's about 5. I won't judge if you start earlier but do, do it in secret. I believe we come from a long line of one eyebrowed people.

LuCinda said...

GET FACEBOOK! For instant gratification and all your family has it too.

Alyssa said...

Im glad you specified with the eyebrow comment. That was a confusing text conversation. The pic of the bitten candle is hilarious. Hope wax isn't too bad for tummy's.